This is not a free speech zone. Here’s the rules:
- Ignorant, foul mouthed, or erroneous posts will be deleted automatically. If you cannot articulate a point without slurs or abusive language, don’t waste your time.
- Run on topics, rants, or attempts to drift the conversation will be deleted, and your IP address will be banned from being able to comment.
- This is not a forum. I know this is a confusing point for some- don’t worry, I’ll help you- I have 100% discretion as to what goes up and what doesn’t; you don’t. What I allow in comments is a reflection upon me as an author. It will be run accordingly.
- I don’t care about your life story. Get to the point of your comment quickly or it gets deleted.
- If you have a product or website that you think would serve the community at large, email it to me before posting it. If you just slap it on the tail end of a comment or are giving an obvious sales pitch without my approval, you’re going away.
- This is not your social media site. I do not care what you said to so-n-so over at Joe Bob’s faux-philosophy site or what protests your organizing. If you want to get my attention, be a man about it and ask first.
- Respect my house and I’ll respect you- but it’s earned and not promised.
If your input has valid merit (which I know the difference, and so do you), if you have questions or request clarification, or you wish to bring a contrary opinion to the table within certain reason, I’m all for it. Follow the rules and the world will spin properly.
If you happen to take issue with any of these rules, have a problem with your comments not appearing or feel that you’ve been subject to unfair treatment, email me like a man at email@example.com versus whining and crying about how mean I am elsewhere on a forum, other people’s blogs or on social media. This house is not your house, you will obey my rules.